Tang Cards (10-Pack)
Description: 40-card deck ~ Like normal playing cards but the suits are TenFrame, Digit, Word and Fingers. No face cards included.
* Waterproof, bend-resistant, 100% plastic high quality playing cards *
Focus: Number Sense
1. Cards are divided evenly amongst players.
2. On the count of 3, every player flips over a card facing up.
3. The goal is to match any cards that you’ve flipped with any of the cards your opponent has
flipped. *You cannot match 2 of your own cards together*
4. The first player that sees a match says “Match!” & states the match and collects those 2 cards.
If no match is found, those cards then remain on the table and in play.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until players run out of cards.
6. The player with the most matches wins!
CLOSE CALL (Advanced)
1. Shuffle the deck and deal each player 6 cards.
2. Players then select 4 of the cards to create two 2-digit numbers. The object is to create two
numbers that when added together come as close to 100 as possible, without going over.
For example, lets say in this hand I select the cards 2,3,4, and 5. With those, I was able to create the numbers 53 and 42, which when added together total 95.
3. The player with the total closest to 100 wins the round and 1 point. In the event of a tie, each player receives a point. After playing 5 rounds, the player with the most points wins.
I used this as a math center, after I taught different representations of the numbers 1-20. At first it was tricky for kids to find the match but they loved the challenge! I did not have enough to send home with children to practice with during this remote learning period. As some of the children were disappointed, I knew I had to order more in preparation for the next school year! Many thanks for such a stimulating game!
Great customer service. Our games arrived quickly and were just what we ordered. Students love these games and it makes math centers fun and engaging!
We are using the bundles of decks so we can give each family a deck to take home after our math night. Parents can have fun with kids practicing math skills!
My students LOVE Kakooma. Thank you!